Monday, March 2, 2009

Planning Ahead to Next Fall/Winter


For the past few years, I have decorated, re-designed, and given new life to, some of my wool sweaters. (If you click this link, scroll down to see the posts about my sweaters.) Some of my sweaters were too small and needed to be enlarged slightly. Some were pullovers that I made in to cardigans. Some were boring, and needed to be livened up.

Since I started doing this, many people have asked me when I was going to start selling sweaters to others, instead of only doing my own. Well, I have decided that I am going to work on tweaking used sweaters, and start selling them by next fall at the latest.

Now that I'm starting to work on this project, I need wool or wool blend sweaters. Many of them. A local used clothing store had an 80% off sale this weekend, so I visited three of their locations, as well as another used clothing store nearby one of them. I bought a total of 27 wool, wool blend, and cashmere sweaters, in various sizes, colors and patterns. I need to plan a few more trips to some more used clothing stores, to get more sweaters in a variety of sizes.

My next step is to look at each sweater, make a plan for what to do with it, and then find/buy rickrack, fringes, lace, buttons, and etc, and start cutting and sewing. This is going to be fun. I hope to take as many pictures about this project as I can, and share them here on my blog.

I don't know where or how I will sell them, nor for how much. If you have any suggestions about where (besides etsy.com) and how, please send me an email at jeanne@jeannewilliamson.com. I would love to hear suggestions and get feedback.