Monday, March 9, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 March 2009


I finished 12 x 12 x 12 March 2009.

There are times when I am working on a piece that I think it's not working out, or that I ruined it. I don't enjoy these times, but uncomfortable as it may be, it's a great learning experience. A good time for growth.

I read similar feelings of a young artist named Rebecca Landes, who posted about her frustration recently on her blog. I could relate to it so much, that I called an art friend, and read it to her. (This friend isn't an active computer user.) She could relate to it too. I have no idea how old Rebecca is, but I'm guessing low/mid twenties. I'm 51, and the friend I read it to is 71. I think these frustrating feelings happen to everyone, no matter our age or how much experience we have, and we just have to work through them.

Why am I talking about frustration? Because 12 x 12 x 12 March 2009 is one of those pieces. I'm not sure if I like my final result, and I'm not sure if it's the sketch I was working with, the way I handled it, the colors I used, or all three. I need to figure it out before I use the same sketch in 1-4 new big pieces.


On thing I do know, is that it will look good paired with 12 x 12 x 12 December 2008 (above).

If you want to know more, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.