Sunday, March 8, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 March 2009 In Progress


I decided I also wanted to use the sketch I made for my next Orange Construction Fence Series pieces, for my 12 x 12 x 12 March 2009 piece also.

The photo at the top of this post is the front, or painted, side of the fabric, and the photo below is the back side of the fabric. The color you see on the back, is where the paint soaked through from the front side.


There is a part of me that really likes the front side (very top photo), and another part of me that really doesn't like it. I've chosen the back side of the fabric (second photo) to use face out, as I had planned on doing, for this piece. I'm not crazy about it, but I have a rule for my 12 x 12 x 12 Series that I have to use what I start, and do my best to make it work. I usually have good, or some, success with this rule, depending on the month.

I'll post the finished piece, and my feelings about it, shortly.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.