Wednesday, February 4, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 Feb 09 Fabric in Progress


It's a new month, and time to start working on my February 12 x 12 x 12 Series piece.

My original plan was to use one of my building construction photos as the inspiration for this month's piece, but at the last second, I decided to work more improvisationally. I used a piece of scrap piece of monoprinted construction fence fabric, but one that had a loosely stitched seam that I inconveniently found the last time I was unrolling fabric off the bolt. The last time I printed yardage, I printed it just the same, for a future date. Now is a good time to use it. (Actually, there's more of this fabric than what I am using now, so I can use the rest an other time.)


Sitting in the scrap pile on the table, were also two small pieces of left over fabric from my July 12 x 12 x 12, which appeared to be from the same size construction fence grid, so I collaged it in place, and added a little paint.

I've posted both the light (back) and dark (front) sides of the fabric. My plan is to use the light side. I don't know why, but the lighter sides interest me more these days.

The next step is to stitch, and most likely add more paint. More posted soon.