Thursday, October 9, 2008

Book Birthdays - Mine, and Stephen Colbert's


It's the first birthday for my book, "The Uncommon Quilter," and also for my hero Stephen Colbert's book "I Am America (And So Can You!)."

A year ago, as I was waiting for the release date of my book, I did a little comedy writing myself (with a little help from my husband). Read my Open Letter to Stephen Colbert, and more of my posts to/about Stephen, Books published (tomorrow) by Stephen Colbert, Jeanne Williamson, Eric Clapton, and Ken Follett, Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger to Stephen Colbert!, and October 9th books - Stephen Colbert's and mine.

Stephen, have you read my book yet? Whether you have or have not, you're my hero! And Mrs. Colbert is too, after I read "Colbert - And His Wife - Rock The New Yorker Fest" on the HuffingtonPost.com. (Even if he's unfortunately not my Congressman any more, I hope Barney Frank will forgive you. He's a wonderful Congressman, and just as brilliant and funny as you are!)

Happy birthday "The Uncommon Quilter!"