Monday, October 20, 2008

12 x 12 x 12 October in progress


I'm working on my October 12 x 12 x 12 Series piece. It started with the black and white fabric I printed above, and then transformed into this:


I have no idea how I ended up with these colors. New England Fall color had not arrived before I started it. I've been working on making more "Recycled Fence Series," many of them 3" square. Some of the new ones I've been working on right now (which are not yet on my website) have a lot of reds in them, so maybe that's where this came from. I think I was also influenced by a beautiful red pashmina shawl (or scarf?) a friend gave me after her trip to India.

Not sure how this piece will end up, except to say I am planning on cutting it up and rearranging it, like I've been doing with the Recycled Fence Series.


Above is a little something I tried in Photoshop, just to play around with it, before I take the plunge and really cut it up. I'll be doing the real thing hopefully some time this week, and will post after it's finished.