Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Work - Recycling (More) Older Work


I LOVE cutting up older, unsuccessful work! I had fun with Orange construction Fence Series #33 (created in 2004 or 2005) recently.

I cut it in to three horizontal rows, and then cut them in to many thin strips, rearranged them, and I added more paint as needed. The result was seven new 12" x 12" pieces named "Recycled Fence Series #33", numbered 1 to 7, all mounted on stretched canvas.












One of these pieces is going to the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles, for their "High Fiber Under Five" Art Sale. Four are going to the Visions Art Quilt Gallery, for their shop, and two I've entered in a local mixed media gallery show.

I'll post the "Recycled Fence Series #33" on my website ASAP. In the mean time, other Recycled Fence Series are already there to look at.


Above is what Orange construction Fence Series #33 looked like before I cut it up.