Monday, September 29, 2008

Mounted Work


I mounted five pieces from my Recycled Fence Series #33, on 12" x 12" stretched canvases. They are a part of the Recycled Fence Series. I couldn't be happier with the way they look. I've been thinking about mounting work for years, but never tried it. It's a much more professional presentation.

The piece on the right is going to the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles, for their "High Fiber Under Five" Art Sale. The four on the left are going to the Visions Art Quilt Gallery, for their shop.

I'm going to mount more small work, as pieces are submitted to shows, and as I sell them. Since my studio is very small, I'm concerned about space issues, but I'll figure it out.


Above is a picture of some of my Orange Construction Fence Series, hanging in my show at the Danforth Museum of Art, in Framingham MA, in 2006. I think they work well they way they are hung, but the smaller ones are better mounted away from the wall.

I don't think it's really an issue, but some day, I'd love to mount the Orange Construction Fence Series. When and if I do that, I'll have to deal with storage and shipping issues.