Wednesday, September 10, 2008

12 x 12 x 12 September - more progress


It's always scary to cut fabric, especially expensive fabric. I think it's even scarier to cut fabric that I've painted, because it's possible to ruin it, after spending hours and hours on it. I rarely cut the fabric I paint, because I prefer to use the whole piece, but sometimes it's necessary to do. These are pictures of the fabric for my September 12 x 12 x 12 series, after I cut it in to five strips, and sewed it back together.


I decided to cut the it, and sew the front and back sides of the fabric facing out, so I could have a permanent record of what both sides of the fabric looked like. This color study of fabric paints from ProChem in preparation for finishing the painting for Orange Construction Fence Series #63, still in progress.

I'll post final pictures of this piece sometime soon.