Week three - part two
The next day, with natural light..... what I did the day before was OK, but a bit dull. I decided that it would look better if the black fish net-like fabric was more visible, so I felted from the top down, over the construction fence shape. What happened was all of the green fleece is now punched to the back side, revealing the black fish net-like fabric on the front, and some of the pale piece of tie-dyed wool felt (though the tie-dye is not recognizable).
Much better. Now there's more pattern and texture, and more contrast. I have a lot more to learn about how to use my felting machine to its full potential, but it will come with time.
The image at the top is the finished front side, and the image below it is the finished back. I'm documenting both sides.
You can see my finished 2008 weekly mixed media work on my website, and read about my process/progress here on my blog.