Sunday, December 9, 2007

I miss Stephen Colbert!


The writers' strike has been going on for almost two months, and The Uncommon Quilter misses her late night humor fix. I gave my son Stephen Colbert's book "I Am America (And So Can You!)." I hope I get to borrow it when he's finished reading it.

Stephen Colbert I miss you! I miss Jon Stewart too, but I miss Stephen more. Stephen and I have a certain kinship since we both released our books two months ago today, on October 9th. For a little comedy written by a visual artist, read my Open Letter to Stephen Colbert, and more of my posts to/about Stephen, Books published (tomorrow) by Stephen Colbert, Jeanne Williamson, Eric Clapton, and Ken Follett, Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger to Stephen Colbert!, and October 9th books - Stephen Colbert's and mine.

Stephen, you might enjoy reading my book during this down time. My publicist messengered a copy to you on October 9th. Now is a good time to take a look. :)

I hope the writers' strike ends soon!!!