Saturday, September 8, 2007

12 x 12 x 12 September - in progress


I'm working on my September 12 x 12 x 12 piece. I painted it using the same Floor & Patio paint from Benjamin Moore that I used when I recently repainted stairs in my home. Above is a picture of the front, and below is the back of the fabric. I've been interested in what the paint looks like on both sides of the fabric. The back on this piece isn't that interesting to me, or at least not as interesting at the back of fabric with fabric paint on it. What was interesting was that I dunked it in water, to try to soften it up before I started to stitch it, and it not only glowed orange, but it also dried in about a minute because the water couldn't soak in to the fabric because the paint is on the surface of it. Fabric paint sort of dyes the fabric. Now I get the difference between what happens when I use house paint on fabric.