Monday, July 9, 2007

12 x 12 x 12 July


I finished my July 12 x 12 x 12 piece. It is stitched following the lines of each "tile", and has a great texture that is not easy to pick up in a photo, but here's a detail that I hope shows it somewhat:


All my 12 x 12 x 12 pieces from 2007 (so far) can be seen on my website or the The Uncommon Quilter website.

I've been looking this piece off and on all weekend, and I have to say that I like it. I like the "color", the texture and that diagonal white space. There are some 12 x 12 x 12 pieces I've made this year, that I am not that happy with design wise, but that's OK. It's all part of the (artistic) growth process. And, I'm my own worst enemy in terms of liking/not liking some of my work. Even if there are pieces I don't like, other people might like it.