I was gifted a 5-week Dahlias CSA share from a local farm when I retired from my day job a few months ago. Since early September, I have picked up 4 beautiful bouquets and I pick up the last one tomorrow. Each week I take a picture of each individual flower.
Photos of the Dahlias are the inspiration for my 12 x 12 x 12 October 2026 painting. This picture shows a grid of 25 of the flowers. I printed out 4 copies and coated them with matt medium to create 4 skins that I will cut up and collage on a piece of fabric that has the texture of a gridded construction fence, similar to how I made my 12 x 12 x 12 September painting, which had photos of blue water access covers.
Tuesday, October 6, 2026
New Work in Progress: 12 x 12 x 12 October 2026
Labels:
12 x 12 x 12,
New Work in Progress
