Wednesday, September 2, 2026

More New Work in Progress: Dates in a Life Walking Project 2026

When I retired from my day job in July, I changed the daily background color to Light Ultramarine Blue on my Dates in a Life Walking Project 2026, a year-long painting that documents the number of steps I walk each day. 

The picture above shows how many steps I walked in August. The red icons show the 19 days I walked 10,000 or more steps, and the 3 black circles are for 9000 to 9999 steps. This amount of walking (especially in the summer when I don't like the heat) is a huge increase over last August when I was juggling working, walking in the heat, and whatever life events that didn't give me time to walk as much as I would have preferred.

In the picture below, you can see January through August with plenty of room of the rest of the year.