Friday, November 26, 2021

New Work in Progress: Dates in a Life Walking Project 2022

I'm taking advantage of having five days off from work at Thanksgiving and starting the base monoprinted grid for my 2022 Dates in a Life Walking Project, five weeks before the beginning of the New Year. I decided to use a dark brown, instead of black or a brighter color, which is out of my comfort zone. It will be an interesting challenge. I think brown will look good with the Iridescent Bronze background paint that I will be using to signify the days I'm in the office at work vs. days I am home or away, all of which have an influence on the number of steps I walk each day. Similar to the past six years of making paintings documenting my walking, I will continue to use black symbols for walking up to 9999 steps, red for 10,000-19,999, and yellow for 20,000 or more. steps.

Once the base fabric is dry, I can start stitching the grid, which is going to be a multi hour laborious and boring task, which I can do after I get home from work.