Saturday, September 4, 2021

Work in Progress: Dates in a Life Walking Project 2021

New work in progress through August in my Dates in a Life Walking Project 2021, a year-long painting documenting the number of steps I walk, and the number of flights of stairs I climb, each day. 

This summer has been one very hot and humid in Massachusetts so I wasn't able to walk as much as I would have liked. The heat simply zaps my energy. So far September is more like August's of the past. Warm during the day and cool at night. I'm hopeful for more energy and walking in September.

The black icons represent 0-9999 steps, red is 10,000-19,999. If I walk 20,000 or more steps it's a yellow icon. 

The background colors represent how many flights of stairs I climbed each day.

The yellow dots on one Sunday and one Saturday are for days I rode my bike 7 miles each day. Each dot equals a mile.