Sunday, August 15, 2021

New Work: Hopscotch and Sealed Crack Lines


Hopscotch and Sealed Crack Lines

mixed media on stiffened fabric on board 
6" x 6"
2021 

New work, Hopscotch and Sealed Crack Lines.

I was inspired by multicolored chalk hopscotch drawn in an alley that I walked by three times before deciding to take a picture.

When I started painting the lines around the chalk and fabric hopscotch lines on this painting, I realized the Micaceous Iron Oxide paint I was using looks very similar to the material used for the sealed crack lines on the streets in my neighborhood and in the alley where I took the picture. Two very different forms of mark making. Both are inspiring.

The chalk hopscotch washed away in the rain but the sealed lines in the alley remain.

The painting includes an acrylic skin of the photograph with collaged monoprinted, painted and stitched construction fence fabric, and painting on 6” x 6" board.