Thursday, March 18, 2021

New Work: Covid Vaccine Prize

Covid Vaccine Prize
mixed media on stiffened fabric
11.5" x 9.75"
2021

The dots in the center panel of this painting represent the day I got my second Covid Vaccine at my local Community Senior Center with 308 others, and also when a dear friend got her first shot at the same location. The white dots represent all my family members and friends who are waiting for theirs.

The white dots on the left and right side panels represent the millions of others across the US who are waiting for their first shot, and the silver dots represent those waiting for their second.

The background fabric is intentionally blue. Now that I’ve had my vaccines, and when I hear of others getting theirs, it feels like we’re all winning first prize, and the future feels brighter.