Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Clean Studio New Year

I straightened my tiny at-home art studio and I'm ready to make some new art in 2021.

 

I took all of the old projects and fabric scraps off my tabletop and replaced the plastic sheeting to help keep the surface clean. I removed all 2020 artwork from my walls. Some paintings are at my photographer's and those already photographed have been rolled and stored out of the way.

 

On the right wall is the new fabric for my 2021 Dates in a Life Waking Project. On the left wall is a drop cloth I may use on in upcoming painting.

 

On the table is already printed icons for use on my walking painting, some folded fabric for possible new paintings, color printouts of photos for a new Pandemic painting, and a half dozen or so socks with holes in them that I can't bear to throw away. Maybe they'll be a part of another art project?


This space is small, but it's rent-free and I'm lucky to have it. I can spend a few minutes to a few hours any time of day in this space. It fits my current lifestyle vs. having a larger studio I have to drive to elsewhere.