Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Bike Riding Added to My Dates in a Life Project 2020


I bought a pandemic bike at the end of May, which I have ridden some but not a lot. 

Since I bought the bike I've been trying to decide how to show bike miles to my Dates in a Life Project 2020, a year-long painting project documenting the number of steps I walked, and the number of flights of stairs I climbed, each day. 

The reason it took me so long to decide is because I needed a way to not cover up the icons for steps walked, and I needed a color that would stick out and not get lost in this large painting. I decided to use the blunt end of a bamboo skewer to apply yellow paint. Each dot equals a mile, and I did round up .5+ miles when needed. For rides that had .25, I rounded down.

I may or may not change this way of documenting riding in my 2021 painting. I have a year to think about it.

This picture shows the month of June, which was my best riding month. Walking really does take priority.