Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Inspiration for New Artwork

After donating my left kidney to a woman I don't know in Wisconsin in December 2019, in exchange for the kidney my son received in October 2019, I feel that I want to do more to physically help others, so I decided to give blood, something I haven't done since 2012.

 

I went to an American Red Cross donation center on August 14, 2020, not knowing that they actually tell you where your blood went.

 

Yesterday I received an email that told me that my blood donation was sent to Holy Family Hospital in Methuen MA to help a patient in need. 

 

That's inspired me to not only donate again when I next can, but I am thinking about creating a painting about it. I'm not sure what it'll be yet, but this is a detail of some monoprinted (appropriately red) fabric I may use.