Sunday, June 24, 2018

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 June 2018


June has been very busy for numerous reasons, but I still managed to create my monthly painting. When I went to begin working on 12 x 12 x 12 June 2018 I had no idea what to do, so I looked in my collection of fabrics and chose two pieces that had similar shaped pattern, and then it sorta just happened. 

I mounted the two monoprinted pieces of construction fence fabrics on board, and collaged some black and white, or multicolored, “holes” from other fence fabrics, and then I added lines of silver acrylic paint to highlight the "hole" shapes.

I've been working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series since January 2007. I'm now in my 12th year. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. This series is really about experimentation and creating something on a regular basis, no matter what else is going on in my life. Sometimes I like a piece, and sometimes not.