Thursday, December 29, 2016

12 x 12 x 12 December 2016


12 x 12 x 12 December 2016 incorporates a photo of rolled up construction fences I took in the back of my car as I moved out of my wonderful studio this month, a portion of the curtain that covered the window of that studio, and a photo of the grass, leaves and pine needles from a neighbor's lawn that was prepared to be an acrylic skin but didn't I take the time to remove the paper behind the photo so it could be translucent.

This piece completes my tenth year of working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's been a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Looking back over what I created in the past ten years, some of the pieces have been really good, and others not so much. 

I purchased 12 new 12" x 12" boards because I have decided to continue this series into 2017 for my 11th year. Please check back in January to see new work I'll be creating.