Monday, October 26, 2015

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 October 2015


12 x 12 x 12 October 2015 incorporates pictures of snow and ice at the side of the road from last winter, collaged over a monoprinted texture of a large shaped construction fence, and painting.

Just like September, October has been an extremely busy month, with a lot of things are happening. One of those things is the exhibit I'm in with Denise Driscoll entitled "All Boundaries are Imagined" at Fountain Street Fine Art in Framingham, MA through November 8th. 

I thought that for this month's 12 x 12, I'd combine my favorite things from two different series in the show, acrylic skins of road and ice pictures, and painted odd shaped squares that totally transform the strong grid from the construction fence print.

This is my ninth year working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series. It gives me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" mixed media piece each monthIt's a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Some of the pieces over the months and years have been really good, and others not so much. The only rules I have are that I have make something in the given month, and I can't throw the work out, even if it's unsuccessful.

My November and December 12 x 12's will also have acrylic skins of ice and snow, and then in 2016 I have a plan for new inspiration for the acrylic skins pictures.