Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 September 2015


This month's 12 x 12 x 12 incorporates pictures of a neighbor's picket fence that was buried in snow last winter, and the shadows on the snow, collaged over a monoprinted and painted texture of a large shaped construction fence.

September has been an extremely busy month for me. A lot of things are happening professionally and personally. If I had the time, I would have worked on this piece longer, probably adding some painted highlights or pattern. But, the rules I set for this series are that I can only work on each month's piece that month, and whether I like the end result or not, it stays in the series.

While there are technically about 8 more hours that I can work on it before midnight, the actual piece is at my studio a half hour away, and I can't get there today.

Looking at it in a positive way, I'm glad I was able to make it. I think it's OK, it's just not great.

October starts tomorrow. It'll be a new month, and time for a new 12 x 12 x 12.