Monday, May 25, 2015

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 May 2015


12 x 12 x 12 May 2015 is the fifth piece in my monthly series this year that explores using acrylic skins of photos from this past winter, which was a wonderful opportunity for me to take a lot of pictures of ice and snow.

This month I incorporated photos of snow imbedded in and behind my neighbor's chain linked fence, with the large square pattern of a construction fence. In previous months this year, I incorporated pictures of pond ice with different sizes of construction fences.

This is my ninth year working on this 12 x 12 x 12 series, that gives me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each monthIt's a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Some of the pieces over the months and years have been really good, and others not so much. The only rules I have are that I have make something in the given month, and I can't throw the work out, even if it's unsuccessful.

I took forward to starting my June piece shortly.