Monday, March 2, 2015

Six Month Task


I've been thinking about ice, but not only the ice dripping down the side of my house. I'm thinking about the ice photos I took this winter and last, at Morse's Pond in Wellesley, MA, which is a short walk from my house in Natick. 

Over the next six months, my task is to make a number of new series in a variety of sizes. The work will include colorful monoprinted and painted fabric with the shape and texture of a construction fence, and acrylic skins of inverted photos of pond ice that will be collaged on top of the fabric.

This new work is being created for an exhibit with Denise Driscoll entitled "All Boundaries are Imagined" at Fountain Street Fine Art from October 8 - November 8, 2015. I have a lot of work to do but I'm very much looking forward to this challenge.

Above is a sample picture of some fabric I'm currently stitching, and below is a sample of an inverted ice photo.