Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12 x 12 x 12 December 2014


The twelfth and last 12 x 12 x 12 piece I've created this year is a collage made from leftover scraps of fabric from previous mixed media artwork created in 2014. There's a hint of how I transitioned from using mainly gray/black/white to color over the year. I will post all twelve pieces in this series as a group shortly, for easy viewing.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. The December piece completes my eighth year working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. You can read past posts about this series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.

I was unsure whether I wanted to continue this series into 2015, but I've not only decided to do so, I also ordered the twelve boards for use next year, so I'll be ready at the beginning of January 2015. It's been too valuable an activity to stop now, plus creating one piece a month takes much less time than when I created one small piece a week for seven years.