Monday, September 29, 2014

12 x 12 x 12 September 2014


The September 12 x 12 x 12 is a combination of drop cloth fabric and pieces of acrylic "skins" of photographs of details of the colorful monoprints I created this past summer. The "skins" are layered on top of the small bubble-like circles, and at the top and the bottom edges, which are also highlighted with orange paint so we don't forget the construction fence inspiration.

I've been having fun this year working with a combination of "skins" and fabric, not only in this 12 x 12 x 12 series, but in other series too.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. This is my eighth year working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. You can read past posts here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.