Thursday, May 22, 2014

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 May 2014


I'm continuing with my new focus of working with a lot of color, as you an see in my 12 x 12 x 12 May 2014 painting. For this piece, I used a piece of painted fabric leftover from my Artist-in-Residence and exhibit, at Brandeis University, which ends tomorrow.

The world (of color) is my oyster! Expect to see a lot of color in my work in the coming year plus, as I start making work for a two-person show I'm going to be in at Fountain Street Fine Art in October 2015, with Denise Driscollwho does incredible things with color. I am inspired!

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. This is my eighth year working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. You can read past posts about this series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.