Sunday, April 6, 2014

New Work: The Tallis and Fence Series


This 14-piece Tallis and Fence Series is created from photos of my grandfather's tallis (prayer shawl). They are collaged on monoprinted textures of construction fences on fabric that is stitched, painted, and mounted on 8" x 6" x 1" cradled board.


Because there are 14 of them, I've doubled the pictures up for viewing purposes in this post. The can be seen individually on the Tallis and Fence page of my website.


I created them while I've been an Artist-in-Residence at the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute at Brandeis University. 

While I have been working on site for the sat three weeks at the Kniznick Gallery, creating a series of Jewish wedding canopies, or chuppot, I've been working on the Tallis and Fence Series at home.


Under Colormy solo show at the Kniznick Gallery, in the Women's Studies Research Center at Brandeis, will be on exhibit from April 14 - May 22, 2014. The Opening Reception is Wednesday, April 23 from 5 - 7 pm. Please join us if you're nearby.