Saturday, April 5, 2014

Artist-in-Residence: Day 15


These are the sixth and seventh chuppahs I've made as an Artist-in-Residence at the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute, at Brandeis University. 

Both are monoprinted and painted fabric. The top one measures approximately 48" x 55", and the one below approximately 48" x 40".


Please note that the gray on the edges is the wall color, and is not a part of this piece. I will get better pictures, with a white background, as soon as possible.

For the last three weeks, I've been creating a series of Jewish wedding canopies, or chuppot, to be displayed at an exhibition, Under Color, from April 14 - May 22, 2014 at the Kniznick Gallery


There are two more chuppahs that I'm working on, that need to be finished by Tuesday night, so we can start hanging the show on Wednesday.

I'll be at Brandeis next week, Monday to Friday from noon - 5pm at a minimum, working on site in the Kniznick Gallery.