Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Artist-in-Residence: Day 12


This is the fifth chuppah I've made so far as an Artist-in-Residence at the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute, at Brandeis University. 

It's monoprinted and painted fabric, that measures approximately 48" x 55".

I'm creating a series of Jewish wedding canopies, or chuppot, to be displayed at an exhibition, Under Color, from April 14 - May 22, 2014 at the Kniznick Gallery.


Please note that the gray on the edges is the wall color, and is not a part of this piece. I will get better pictures, with a white background, as soon as possible.

I'm currently working on two more chuppahs that are a similar design, but totally different saturated colors. One I expect to have finished early Thursday afternoon. The other will hopefully at the same time. I may be able to squeeze one or two more in before we hang my exhibit the next Wednesday. We shall see.

I'll be at Brandeis (tomorrow) Wednesday April 2nd, and Thursday April 3rd, from noon - 5pm working on site in the Kniznick Gallery. I will only be in on Friday for a few minutes to do some straightening so the gallery walls can get painted white over the weekend. Next week I'm pretty sure I'll be there Monday through Friday from noon - 5pm at a minimum. If you want to stop by for a visit, come any day except for this Friday.