Monday, March 10, 2014

Another New Home


Another piece in my latest series has sold, Tiled Fence Photos #4.

To date, I’ve created a total of five pieces in the Tiled Fence Photos Series, which focuses on photos of actual construction fences that are combined with monoprints of construction fences. I plan on adding more work to this series over the next few months.


That means that Tiled Fence Photos #3 (above) and Tiled Fence Photos #5 (below) will now be on exhibit in the 8x8 ALL-MEMBERS' Group Show at Fountain Street Fine Art in Framingham MA in April.


I originally created Tiled Fence Photos #1 for my submission to the 8x8 Show. After posting it online, it was purchased ahead of the show. Then I created Tiled Fence Photos #2 and that was also been purchased, and now Tiled Fence Photos #4 has been too.

My guess is that people like photos in my work, and also that the work in the 8x8 show is $150, not the $325 I would normally sell that size for.

All of the work in the Tiled Fence Photos Series are mixed media on 8" x 8" x 1.5" cradled board
. It would be cool if the new pieces find new homes too, but one never knows what will be of interest to collectors.