Thursday, January 2, 2014

Input needed before my Artist-in-Residence in March

I am looking forward to being the Artist-in-Residence at the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute at Brandeis University in Waltham, MA, from March 17 - April 11, 2014.

While at Brandeis, I'll be working on a new Mixed media Huppah Series: fence-patterned huppahs (Jewish wedding canopies) that suggest the protection of the future the couple will build together.

After the residency ends, my new work will be on exhibit at a solo show at the Kniznick Gallery, at the Women's Studies Research Center (WSRC), also at Brandeis, from April 14 through May 2014.


I need your input!

If you are married, or have attended a memorable wedding, I am looking for your input. Can you please share the color theme of the wedding/wedding party? I'm also interested in knowing the year, if it was a Jewish, Christian or other wedding, and if you are male or female. 

As an example, here's my info:
Royal blue and white, 1982, Jewish wedding, female.

I'm trying to see if there are patterns in wedding colors, as I consider the colors I use when making this new body of work. If you want to provide info about more than one wedding, please do.

Please email me at jeanne@jeannewilliamson.com. I promise your information will be confidential.

If you don't mind sharing it with others, feel free to post your answers on my personal or artist Facebook page.

Thank you very much!