I tried something new this month for my November 12 x 12 x 12. On first glance, it looks like encaustic, but it’s not.
I collaged fabric strips of monoprinted, painted, and stitched construction fences on a board (which was not new). Then I added a layer of acrylic “skins” that I made of images of photos of actual bunched up construction fences (which was new) on top of the fabric collage.
I really like how I can see through the “skins” and see the painted and sewn fabric behind it. This opens the door to many more ideas for the future.
The first time I used these same “skin” images was for my May 2011 12 x 12 x 12 (above).
Additional images were ready to use since then, but I never got around to it. A few weeks ago I started using them for a new yet-to-be-named series on boards that measure 12” x 9”. Four are already finished. I plan on making four more shortly. More about that sometime soon.