Friday, September 20, 2013

12 x 12 x 12 September 2013



I decided to try some newish things (for me) for my September 12 x 12 x 12. A wash of color over monoprinted construction fence patterns, and painted lines in between the rows that are connected with misshapen intersections.

This piece is influenced by the work of two artists, Danielle Dimston’s lined pattern (in previous work not currently on her website), and also Jennifer Sanchez’s use of color. Thank you both for the inspiration.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or ideas. This is the seventh year I've been working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. If you want to know more, you can read about it here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.