Sunday, July 14, 2013

12 x 12 x 12 July 2013



After creating a collage with pieces cut from a monoprint of one of my construction fences on fabric, I think I've made a Jeanne version of an Eric Carle work of art. This is a huge departure from my usual work, and I do like it.

I used the flared lines I cut when scalloping fabric, when creating Fence Holes Bandage 2.0, which I'll be installing at Art in the Park, in Worcester, MA in a week and a half. I spent part of an afternoon in the studio glueing them to a board covered with white fabric, and this was the end result, my July 12 x 12 x 12. I also had a number of crescent shapes after trimming Fence Holes Bandage 2.0, and I used them too.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. This is my seventh year I've been working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. If you want to know more, you can read past posts about it here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.