Monday, March 25, 2013

On Exhibit - A Room of Our Own

I have work on exhibit in A Room of Our Own at the Concord Art Association in Concord, MA, from March 28 to May 5, 2013. The Opening reception is Thursday, March 28, 6-8pm.

I have met with a group of women artists each month for a number of years. At our Art Coaching Group, we discuss our art careers, review artists' statements, resumés and websites, and network and support each other as we navigate the art world. A Room of Our Own is an exhibit of our recent individual work.



My work in this exhibit is my first semi-autobiographical series, (Fence) Shirts And (Hot) Flashes #1-6. I will also have an installation outside, on the grounds of the building. The specific installation will depend on whether there's snow on the ground on installation day, and how frozen or muddy it is, and also if I get over the flu in time to install it. Please check back for an update in a few days.

I hope you get to see the exhibit, and you are very welcome to join us at the opening reception and our artists' talk.

Thank you to the other members of this wonderful group! 

Shown above: (Fence) Shirts And (Hot) Flashes #1-6, mixed media on cradled board, 18" x 14" x 1" each, 2012