Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Room of Our Own

I have work on exhibit in A Room of Our Own at the Concord Art Association in Concord, MA, through May 5, 2013. The Opening reception is tonight, Thursday, March 28, from 6-8pm.

A number of us have outdoor installations, in addition to work inside the gallery. I wrapped a tree to the right of the side entrance of the building. This is the same piece I wrapped around a tree at the Boston Center for the Arts last year, and amazingly enough, it fit perfectly. Both trees coincidentally measure 90" around, which is nice since the two trees are extremely different from the other!


There are more pictures of this installation on my website. It's going be interesting to see how it looks as everything greens up for spring. Right now it's drab outside because there's nothing growing, and there are still patches of snow on the ground. I'll take pictures over the course of the exhibit and share them as the color changes.


On exhibit inside the gallery is my semi-autobiographical series, (Fence) Shirts and (Hot) Flashes #1-5, hanging next to Brenda Cirioni’s paintings.



We also have a Pop Up Shop at the CAA. Here is some of my small work hung with some of Brenda Cirioni’s.