Thursday, February 21, 2013

Window Treatment

Yesterday, I took a break from working on my new Fractured Fence Repaired series, and instead, I made a “curtain” for the window for one of the doors of my studio.

I made it by piecing together various odds and ends of monoprinted fabric that were left over from other projects. I’m really happy with how it looks from inside and outside of my studio.

Above is a closeup and below, a full picture, both from the inside of my studio.

Above is a closeup from the outside, when the light is on inside, and below when the studio is lit with natural light.

 And, below is the full door from the outside, lit with natural light.

I'm happy to have a new window treatment, as well as a sample of my work that can be seen from outside of my studio, as well as inside.