Tuesday, November 20, 2012

12 x 12 x 12 November 2012



Each month I create one piece for my 12 x 12 x 12 series. It's my time to play, try something new, or to investigate an idea or technique further.

Both this month and last, I tried doing sun prints with Inkodyes, from the Lumi Company.

Last month I worked with orange, and this month blue. While I would have thought that the orange piece would have stumped me because I don't usually work with orange, I never expected that the blue piece was going to be the hardest.

I had this piece on my work table for two weeks, and I could not figure out how to finish it. Today, I decided to add different colors of blue paint to the different overlapping intersections of stitched thread, to try to break the grid of the two construction fence prints that are overlapping each other. I wouldn't call this one of my better works of art, but here it is.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. If you want to know more about the series, you can read past posts here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.