Monday, October 22, 2012

12 x 12 x 12 October 2012



My monthly 12 x 12 x 12 series is my time to play and try something new, or to investigate an idea or technique further that I may want to do in a series.

This month, for my October piece, I tried doing sun prints with Inkodyes, a product that I used in the late 1970's, which have recently have had a rebirth thanks to the Lumi Company.

One recent sunny day, I painted the orange dye on a piece of fabric that I had already monoprinted a small gridded construction fence with black fabric paint. I placed a different patterned piece of construction fence on the fabric, and let the sun dye the bigger grid. After the Inkodye did it's work, I stitched the patterns of both fences on the fabric, and then mounted it on a 12" x 12" x 1" board.

If you want to know more about my 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series, you can read past posts here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.