Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Art in Odd Places Take Down

What could be a better way to spend part of a 44 degree rainy day than to take down an art installation?


The Fence As Lace #8 has been on exhibit at Art in Odd Places at Endicott College in Beverly, MA for the past three weeks. Today was the day to remove it, rain or shine.



I think the color looked much better when the piece was wet, than when it was dry. Both of these pictures are from today in the rain.



Here it is as it was being removed, and afterward. 



While I didn't enjoy taking it down today, and I did have a short pity party in the car afterward, with foggy glasses and soaked to the bone, I really didn't have much to complain about. It took a mere 20 minutes to remove, and all I had to do when finished was roll it in a ball and throw it in the back of the car.

There are more pictures of this installation at on my website and also here on this blog after I installed it on April 11th.