Thursday, March 15, 2012

Acquisition

Meditech (Medical Information Technology, Inc.), in Framingham, MA has acquired 10 of my pieces for their corporate art collection, Slivers of Fences #1 - #6 and Seasonal Fences #1 Four Seasons.

The Slivers of Fences series is a combination of monoprinted textures of orange construction fences that are painted and stitched. They are mixed media on 18" x 18" x 1.5" cradled board, and were created in 2010.

These are some of the first fabric pieces I created and mounted on boards after I stopped quilting my work two plus years ago. I especially love them because there's a lot of stitching and it not only gives them a lot of texture on the hard boards, but they cause viewers to stop and think about how I made them, and it created a lot of conversation which I really enjoyed.

The Seasonal Fences series are abstractions of different colors of fences in contrast to the landscape during different seasons. They are mixed media on 22" x 10" x 1" cradled board, and were created in 2011.

Seasonal Fences - Winter shows the landscape after the snow has fallen around the fence.

Seasonal Fences - Spring shows small Spring flowers that are starting to grow as the grass around it does too.

Seasonal Fences - Summer shows both flowers and hostas as they are growing on a very healthy lawn.

Seasonal Fences - Autumn shows the ground after the plants have died back, and some fallen leaves are still on the ground.

I created 20 pieces in this series, five for each season, with each of the five having different colors of fences and slight variations in texture, pattern and color. Seasonal Fences #1 Four Seasons has silver fences, that resemble the color of chain linked fences. The other four sets of panels have white, orange, dark green, and brown panels to resemble other styles of fences.

For anyone not familiar with the company, this is a description about Meditech on wikipedia: “Medical Information Technology, Inc., commonly known as MEDITECH, is a Massachusetts-based software and service company selling information systems, which are installed in health care organizations throughout the world.”

After the work is framed and hung in the building, I’ll visit and take pictures, and I’ll then post them here on my blog and also on my website.

I am really happy to be a part of Meditech’s corporate art collection and I especially thank them for collecting work by local artists.