Wednesday, March 28, 2012

12 x 12 x 12 March 2012

This has been a crazy busy month, but I did manage to create my March 12 x 12 x 12. Because I don't have the time to work in my Natick Center studio, and I'm in the process of moving my studio back home, I quickly brought some materials home and created this piece as I could.

I don't usually pay attention to what the pieces I made in previous months look like as I create the current month's. Imagine my surprise when I uploaded the new image to my website and saw that all three piece made in this series this year have vertical ovals in them. Hmm. I'm not sure why. It might have to do with my making these in a bit of a rush each month and my not having time to find more materials to use, or not.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. If you want to know more about it, you can read past posts about it here on my blog, or visit my website.