Tuesday, February 28, 2012

More Progress

I did some more work on my new series of twelve 12" x 12" work on boards that incorporate holes cut from previous work. These six pieces are on a white background vs a black background for the first six I posted yesterday, which are also below.

When I asked my very own mathematician for naming advice about the 3 x 3 grid on a grid, being sure to have the word "fence" in the title, he suggested Fence Holes 3x3, Fence Holes Squared, 3x3 Fences and Holes, Fence Holes Square Lattice, Fence Holes Grid, and Affine Fence Holes. (I had, and still have, no understanding about what “affine” means but here’s the definition.)

I think I'm going to go with Fence Holes Squared for this series, and will save the other names for future series.

Whether I change the black and white background to another color, and whether I do anything else with these pieces before calling them complete, is something I'll be thinking about over the next week or so, since I'm not going to be able to work on them again until at least midweek next week, at the very earliest. Another thing to think about is are these to be shown individually or in pairs or as a group of six or twelve.