Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fence Holes Bandage 1.0 After First Snowfall

We got an unexpected 2" of snow overnight, so I took a few pictures of Fence Holes Bandage 1.0 while my barista made the morning lattes. This is the first snowfall in what's been a strangely unseasonal Massachusetts winter. Not that I'm itching to shovel, but I would really like to see this piece, and also my 35' installation, Fence/Curtain 1.0, in the snow.

It's too warm to drive into Cambridge, MA to take pictures of Fence/Curtain 1.0 before the snow melts today, so that will have to wait.

The reason Fence Holes Bandage 1.0 exists in the first place is because we got an unseasonal Nor'easter in October, when there were still leaves on the trees, and a very large limb broke off of the flowering pear tree in my backyard. Fence Holes Bandage 1.0 is covering the damage from the break, which breaks my heart to look at.