Monday, October 17, 2011

Square vs My Old Credit Card Vendor

For the past four years, I had a different credit card vendor who was expensive and not easy to work with. Over the summer I signed up for a Square account, which I finally got to use at Open Studios this past weekend.

I put the Square in my iPad (or iPhone), slid the credit card through the scanner, and voila, the only thing the customer had to do was sign it with their finger and enter a phone number or email address if they wanted a receipt. No after the fact work on my end at all. No logging in to a website to document the transaction, no yearly fee, no transfer to bank account fee, no puny limits to transaction size, no monthly maximum sales total, and no credit card equipment to buy. There's just a small transaction fee and the money goes directly into my account shortly thereafter.

I couldn't be more pleased.

Hands down, Square wins! Thank you Square!